Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Profile Picture

Many times we never share our struggles. We only share all that's right. Our FB pages are filled with beautiful smiling pics. Our makeup is flawless, our hair in place, our outfit is just right.  But it's our highlight reel... While we are proud of the previews we show of our life movie... it is NOT all to life. Well not mine anyway.

While I have what "I believe" an amazing life, I have my struggles. I currently look NOTHING like my FB photo. I currently feel NOTHING like I felt on the picture. But yet I find myself looking for another "perfect" picture to post.

Ive been up since 3a. Doing what you ask? Checked on the toddler who whimpered. Covered the preschooler up who was curled in a ball. Readjusted the 5th grader who fell asleep with her book. Snuggling under my Husband...wishing he'd wake up to.

Sounds good and happy right?!?! But what didn't I tell you??? Oh nothing really... just the fact that I've been over analyzing yesterday. That I tried to quiet my thoughts and pray; yet somehow ended up scrolling on FB. Followed by looking up techniques to help our Bonus Baby. Ordering a birthday gift. Knowing I tend to overthink, sometimes over feel, other times feeling overwhelmed in my day. But I will NEVER POST THAT. Why?

It is not how I choose to present myself to the world of social media. I try to look at my cup as half full. Its not sexy to be all over the place... But more importantly because I am a very private person who can also be an open book. (Weird combination I know. 😉)

I say this all to say... sometimes we just have to forgive ourselves for NOT being as perfect as our highlight reel. Not as beautiful as our profile pictures. Not as well put together as we aspire to be. Forgive ourselves for having mini meltdowns from being overwhelmed. For not feeling like we think we should in a particular situation. For still not being back to our healthy weight. For not always being the picture of perfection. We are human... you and I.

And that's okay. ❤❤❤

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this one! It touch down deep for me and I feel comfortable when you speak!!!!! Cant wait to hear more!!!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete