Monday, June 12, 2017

Unplugged... IN A PLUGGED UP WORLD

How many times in the last week have you woke up and immediately grabbed your phone? How many times in the last week have you clicked on that social media button without a second thought? Log out one day and you'll see how many times you tap that button. At least that's what happened to me.

I woke up one morning disheveled in my thoughts. Foggy in my mind but most important my spirit. The constant movement of energy being given and received. Not that anything in particular was wrong, just that feeling of being uneasy and/or overwhelmed.

Those who know me know I am a "feelings" person. Meaning if and when I feel something I feel it deeply. So for instance, when I feel like a person is genuine, I go with that. If I pick up on disingenuous traits, I go with that. When I love, I love intentionally. When I am hurt or concerned, I feel it deeply.  I trust my instincts, my feelings.

But what I was feeling I haven't always felt. Not before I took the plunge and jumped on the social media bandwagon. The feeling of constantly having others thoughts at my fingertips...the feeling from being too plugged in. So in an attempt to clear mental space I logged out of FB. The only issue with logging out alerts still come... then along comes --- let me respond to this message, let me accept this invitation, pulling me back in.

And that's when I knew if I wanted to settle my spirit I needed to be unplugged.

Deactivate your account? Confirmed.

The first day, not having the gratification of sharing or "loving" anothers' post... was tough. Once I started getting used to being unplugged... in a plugged up world I missed an important FB post. One that altered my schedule in such a way left me scurrying around. Reminding me how now interwoven social media is to my personal life. Then to add insult to injury... I have had some REALLY good status updates to share with you guys, like my best ones ever... only problem I couldn't post. 😂

Do I think social media is bad? Heck no. Do I enjoy interacting with family and friends, near and far? Sure do. But I am SO thankful I unplugged. Why? For me, freeing myself from the constant rotation cleared so much mental space. My spirit has thanked me for it. I feel more settled and have realigned my spirit to Christ and my family.

Can I work on my mental clarity while still having open accounts? Sure can. Has my alignment with Jesus being the center of my joy been taken away just by having social media accounts? Sure hasn't. Can being plugged in be a distraction from living life to the fullest? At times yes. Have I missed you guys???? Yes!!! But I will do it again and I think you should unplug from time to time too.

What I learned... unplugging isn't limited to FB, or social media. You can literally unplug from ANYTHING that has control of your creativity, hinders your drive or simply leaves you feeling 'blah'. As my favorite Aunt used to say, "I'm hanging out with myself, Chile'." I used this time to do just that... turns out I still like me. I like my Husband and our family. I like my close family and friends. I've even got this blog post out the deal. Happy Monday! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment